14th Annual Quality Symposium - 2014
The NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System will be hosting its 14th annual Quality Symposium at the New York Athletic Club on Travers Island in Pelham, NY on November 21, 2014. A key feature of our Quality Symposium has been the opportunity to submit abstracts for inclusion in our journal – the NewYork-Presbyterian System Quality Review (SQR). All accepted abstracts are included in the journal and authors of highly-rated abstracts – as judged by a peer-review process – will be invited to present their projects in a poster session.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is close of business Monday, September 8, 2014. The abstract submission form and instructions can be accessed at the following links:
Abstract topics for consideration include:
- Improving organizational issues related to quality, culture of safety, environment
- Reducing Hospital-Acquired Conditions and Readmissions
- Quality/safety innovations impacting finances, reimbursement, pay-for-performance, value-based purchasing
- Use of quality/safety data for institutional planning and improvement
- Clinical and business operation performance improvements
- Methodological issues – data acquisition, data quality, documentation, and analytics
- Applied research or best practices in improving quality and safety of patient care
If you have any questions, please contact Natalee Hill by phone at 212.746.0544 or by email at email@example.com.
Highlights of healthcare initiatives by our member institutions are featured in our newsletters, System Standard and Member News, and in our annual System Quality Review.
Please come back to this section of our web site for the latest information regarding our System-wide healthcare initiatives.