Director, Public Affairs
Nyack, NY – July 15, 2010 – The Breast Center at Nyack Hospital is the first program in Rockland County to be awarded a three-year/Full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation by the NAPBC is only given to those centers that have voluntarily committed to provide the highest level of quality breast care and that undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance. During the on-site survey process, the Center demonstrated complete compliance with all 27 standards established by the NAPBC for treating women who are diagnosed with the full spectrum of breast disease. The standards include proficiency in the areas of center leadership, clinical management, research, community outreach, professional education, and quality improvement. This NAPBC accreditation recognizes Nyack Hospital’s firm commitment to offer patients every significant advantage in the battle against breast disease.
As an NAPBC-accredited center, patients at The Breast Center at Nyack Hospital have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of state-of-the-art services
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options, and, most importantly,
- Quality breast care close to home.
“Women seeking breast care services should look for centers that have been nationally recognized by organizations such as the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation ensures ongoing levels of excellence and compliance with the strictest standards established by the medical community,” stated Patricia Joseph, MD, Director of Breast and Women’s Health Prevention Services at Nyack Hospital.
The Breast Center at Nyack Hospital is a first-class comprehensive provider of diagnostic and treatment services with an emphasis on cancer prevention, early detection and personalized care. Services include:
- A Breast Health Navigator, who helps guide newly diagnosed breast cancer patients through the diagnostic, treatment, support and education process,
- 100% digital mammography, the gold standard for early detection of breast cancer,
- The LOGIQ® E9 ultrasound, offering an array of the newest advanced features and tools to help detect and characterize breast lesions with greater image uniformity at high frequencies,
- Image-guided interventional breast biopsy, recognized by the American College of Radiology (ACR) as a Center of Excellence,
- Breast MRI, a highly sensitive exam, which expands our ability to diagnose early stage breast cancers that may not be visible on mammography and ultrasound,
- A Clinical Genetics Program, offering Comprehensive Cancer Risk Assessment, Cancer Genetic Counseling, and Predictive Genetic Testing to individuals who have a personal and/or family history of cancer, including breast and colon cancer,
- Full on-site treatment services, including radiation therapy and medical oncology
- Support and education programs,
- The Simona and Jerome A. Chazen Appearance Center, providing a wide variety of specialized products designed to enhance the way you look during cancer treatment and recuperation, and
- Oncoplastic Surgery, coordinating breast cancer surgery with breast oncologic surgeons and plastic surgeons for best possible cosmetic outcomes.
The NAPBC is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to the improvement of the quality of care and monitoring of outcomes of patients with diseases of the breast. This mission is pursued through standard-setting, scientific validation, and patient and professional education. Its board membership includes professionals from 15 national organizations that reflect the full spectrum of breast care.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call (845) 348-8551.