Nyack Hospital’s Continuing Medical Education Committee will host another series of its popular Mini-Medical School during May and June. This special series is designed for anyone looking to learn more about the latest advances in medicine or young people and students thinking about medical careers.
Each lecture is presented by a member of Nyack Hospital’s team, and a question and answer session will follow. The following programs are available:
· May 3 – “Putting a Face on Cancer: How Medical Imaging is Helping Us Win the War” presented by Radiologist Evan Kaminer, MD
· May 10 – “Preparing for Home Emergencies” presented by Frank Deschino, NREMT-P
· May 17 – “Acupuncture and Other Integrative Medicine” presented by Naomi Pelzig, MD
· May 24 – “Obstructive Sleep Apnea – Snoring & Sleepy?” presented by Pulmonologist Benjamin Chang, MD
· June 7 – “MRSA Infections” presented by Azfar Chak, MD
· June 14 – “Yoga: A 5,000 Year Old Practice and its Relevance in Today’s World” presented by Robin Laufer, MS Ed, RYT 500.
Lectures are held from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. at Nyack Hospital. A one-time registration fee of $10 will allow anyone interested to attend all six lectures or just the ones of interest.
To register please send your non-refundable $10 check made payable to: Nyack Hospital CME Fund to: Medical Staff Administration Office, attn: Donna Anderson, Nyack Hospital, 160 North Midland Avenue, Nyack, NY 10960. Please make sure to include your name, address and daytime phone number. For further information about these programs, please call 845.348.2115.
Nyack Hospital is a 375-bed community acute care medical and surgical hospital located in Rockland County, NY. Founded in 1895, it is a member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System. For additional information, please visit our web site at www.nyackhospital.org.