Development and Public Relations
Brooklyn, NY – November 5, 2009 – TeensPACT (Positive Actions and Choices for Teens) trained 15 new teen peer educators to talk with other teens about family planning issues.
· Talk with other adolescents in the TeensPACT lounge
· Conduct educational workshops in schools and on-site
· Conduct street outreach
· Facilitate weekly rap sessions
· Write and circulate monthly newsletters
By offering a forum to discuss alternatives to early sexual activity, TeensPACT helps youth build self-esteem and envision a positive future. TeensPACT activities encourage teens to think carefully about sexual activity and access family planning services as needed.
Our youth development program, Teens P.A.C.T. (Positive Actions and Choices for Teens), provides confidential health services and a weekly Teen Lounge. The program's guiding philosophy is: Help youth become productive adults capable of making life-affirming decisions.
Visit our Teen Lounge on Wednesdays at the below centers from 3:00-6:00 PM for free workshops and rap sessions by teens, for teens and about teen issues. Or, drop in anytime for:
· Free and confidential reproductive health services, including gynecological exams, pregnancy testing, STD screening and treatment, HIV counseling and testing, contraceptives, and more
· Free counseling and supportive services
· Free recreational and educational activities
Community Healthcare Network
Community Healthcare Network (CHN) is a not-for-profit organization that includes 10 health centers that provide access to affordable, culturally-competent and comprehensive community-based primary care, mental health and social services for diverse populations in underserved communities throughout New York City. CHN is accredited by The Joint Commission. Our services are completely confidential and as a Federally Qualified Health Center CHN does not turn anyone away. CHN serves more than 65,000 individuals a year who would otherwise have little or no access to critical health care