Nyack Hospital, founded in 1895, is a 375-bed community acute care medical and surgical hospital located in Nyack, NY.
Nyack Hospital offers a full array of diagnostic and treatment services, as well as several specialized programs, including:
- The Union State Bank Cancer Center
- The Breast Center at Nyack Hospital
- The Joint Replacement Center
- Edythe Kurz Center for Sleep Medicine
- Maternity Center
- Pain Management Center
- Herbert & Edythe Kurz Pediatric Emergency Room
- Level II Trauma Designation
- Stroke Center Certification
- Recovery Center
- The Wound Care Center
The Hospital is an Affiliate of Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons and works in collaboration with a medical staff of over 650 physicians who specialize in all areas of medicine. The Hospital benefits from the efforts of its 1400+ employees, most of whom live within the Hospital’s service area of Rockland County, NY.
In fulfilling our commitment to quality patient care we are constantly growing and improving the services we offer. Highlights include:
- For the second year in a row, Nyack Hospital is a proud recipient of both the NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System’s Quality Symposium Award and Quality Signature Award. These prestigious awards recognize our Hospital’s success in transforming its Emergency Department, reducing patient wait times, and minimizing to near zero of the number of patients who decide to leave without being seen.
- Nyack Hospital has made long wait times a thing of the past by introducing a 30-Minute ER Service Standard. Overcrowding and long wait times in hospital emergency rooms are familiar problems, but patients who arrive at Nyack Hospital’s Emergency Room have medical care initiated within 30 minutes of arrival.
- The Breast Center at Nyack Hospital is the first program in Rockland County to be awarded a three-year/Full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation by the NAPBC is only given to those centers that have voluntarily committed to provide the highest level of quality breast care and that undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance. This NAPBC accreditation recognizes Nyack Hospital’s firm commitment to offer patients every significant advantage in the battle against breast disease.
- Nyack Hospital has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Silver Plus Performance Achievement Award. The award recognizes Nyack Hospital’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of stroke care by ensuring that stroke patients receive treatment according to nationally accepted standards and recommendations. To receive the Get With The Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus Performance Achievement Award, Nyack Hospital achieved at least 12 consecutive months of 85 percent or higher adherence to all Get With The Guidelines Stroke Performance Achievement indicators and achieved at least 75 percent or higher compliance with six of 10 Get With The Guidelines Stroke Quality Measures during that same period of time, which are reporting initiatives to measure quality of care.
- Nyack Hospital received a $76,000 grant from the Greater New York City affiliate of Susan G. Komen For The Cure, Inc. to provide mammography screening services to underinsured and insured women in Rockland County
- A clinical study is underway at Nyack Hospital to evaluate the use of telemonitoring to monitor medication adherence in discharged heart failure patients. The purpose of the study is to assess the use of cellphone-based telemonitoring to help patients transition from the inpatient to outpatient setting.
- Nyack Hospital unveiled relocated and renovated ExpressCare Unit. Designed for patients with minor injuries or illnesses, ExpressCare is open from 9 am – 1 am, 7 days a week. In addition to the 7-room unit, ExpressCare features an orthopedic room, suture room, ophthalmology room and OB/GYN suite to treat patients coming to Nyack Hospital for emergency care.
- The Edythe Kurz Center for Sleep Medicine is received accreditation by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and combines the latest generation sleep technology with the comforts of a hotel, providing a safe environment where patients can undergo the highest quality and most accurate sleep studies available.
- Nyack Hospital’s Clinical Cancer Genetics Program which offers Cancer Risk Assessments, Genetic Counseling, and Genetic Testing to individuals who have a personal and or/family history of cancer.
- Code H was developed in response to the national trend of eliminating system problems that affect optimal patient care by providing an avenue for immediate help when a patient is unable to get the attention of a healthcare provider. It has been effective in improving patient outcomes and safety levels, enhancing communication, and increasing patient satisfaction.
For more information, please visit our website at nyackhospital.org or contact the Public Affairs Department at 845.348.2773.